A motorcycle paddock stand is a useful bit of equipment to own when in possession of a motorcycle. It aids in supporting your motorcycle to stay upright whilst you carry out maintenance, work or even just decide to clean it!
A motorcycle paddock stand is something you definitely should consider to have in your garage. It can help in the event you need to raise your motorcycle for essential maintenance or to check something.
There are so many motorcycle paddock stands available to buy within the market which is why we have written this article to ensure you are knowledgeable when purchasing your stand. You should read the below reviews of motorcycle paddock stands to ensure you purchase what is best for you. If you think a paddock stand is not for you, we have reviewed other types of motorcycle stands which may be of interest such as jack lift stands.
The best motorcycle paddock stand is the Venom Sport Front and Rear Combo Stand. This is because it is a universal motorcycle stand which means it will fit most motorcycles and do what it is supposed to set out and do. It is a great purchase if it is your first one.
Even though we believe the Venom Sport Front and Rear Combo Stand may be the best value for money, we have highlighted the rest of the best of motorcycle paddock stands. Any of the below should meet your motorcycling needs!
|Product||Max Wheel Width Limited|
|Venom Sport||14.0 Inches|
|Extreme Max||13.5 Inches|
|Pit Bull||15.25 Inches|
|Pit Posse||13.7 Inches|
MOTO-D Swingarm Motorcycle Paddock Stand
The motorcycle paddock stand comes in a pair (one for front and one for the rear) for your motorcycle. This means that your motorcycle can be fully off the ground to complete maintenance or other activities.
Some features of the MOTO-D Swingarm stand include:
- Aluminum stands (front and rear) with articulating rollers for easy lifting.
- Rubber/soft lining inline wheels.
- Adjustable width turn knobs.
- 1 Year USA warranty.
- Fits all modern motorcycles with rear swingarm spools.
Venom Front & Rear Motorcycle Paddock Stand
The motorcycle paddock stand combination of front and rear has been designed so that it is universal, meaning that most motorcycles should be able to fit on the stands. They also represent very good value for money. Engineered with a leverage ratio to aid in easy and safe use.
Features of the Venom motorcycle paddock stand are:
- Front lift can accommodate wheel sizes of 7.5 inches to 10.5 inches wide.
- Rear lift can accommodate wheel sizes of 11.0 inches to 13.0 inches wide.
- Material of stand is high grade steel, which means it is robust.
- Wheels on the bottom to easily move around.
- Front stand is rubber coated where it connects to your motorcycle or safe use.
Extreme Max Motorcycle Paddock Stand
These motorcycle paddock stands are one of the most purchased as they are great value for what you get. They have durable frames which are fully stainless steel and robust wheels so that they can be used effectively and are user friendly.
Features of the Extreme Max are the following:
- Rubber padding to stop scuffing of the stands and your motorcycle.
- Universal fit for most motorcycles.
- Front lift can accommodate wheel forks from 9.5” to 12.5” wide.
- Rear lift can accommodate wheel forks from 10.75” to 13.5”.
Pit Bull Rear Motorcycle Paddock Stand
This rear wheel motorcycle paddock stand is a high specification when it comes up against its competitors. The build quality is second to none. Pit Bull’s reputation is vast among the motorcycle community.
Features of the Pit Bull paddock stand include:
- Rear wheel lift accommodates wheels from 9.625 inches to 15.25 inches.
- Lifetime warranty.
- Fully adjustable width and height.
- Works with most spooled and non-spooled swingarms on modern sport bikes.
Pit Posse Rear Motorycle Paddock stand
The Pit Posse is another rear only paddock stand. These are a lot more mobile and take up less space. It is heavy duty and smart design fits most swing arm sports bikes.
Features of the Pit Posse rear motorcycle paddock stand are:
- Can accommodate wheels from 8.75inches to 13.75 inches.
- 4 inch wheels for easy lifting and movement.
- Top quality specification from 1.5 inch 15 O.D. gauge metal.
- 5 year warranty.
Motorcycle Paddock Stand Buying Guide
Below is a list of different motorcycle stands with a brief description of what they do. This is so that you can decide which type would be best suited to yourself. Certain stands will cost more than other depending on how basic or complex they are.
Make sure you have room to store the stand. Motorcycle stands can come in a range of sizes which can cause a problem if stored in garages.
Price is an important thought when purchasing a motorcycle stand. If you are not going to be using it much, you will want a stand that is cheaper than others but be aware they will not last as long as they probably will not be as robust. If you are after one to use constantly, you would be more inclined in purchasing a more expensive, robust one with better quality materials.
Most stands are easy to maintain, they just need to be kept clean and depending if have wheels, making sure these do not seize up.
The weight of a motorcycle paddock stand should be considered. If it is too heavy, you will struggle to put it away to store when not using and then struggle to bring it out to use for your motorcycle.
Types of Motorcycle Stands
You can straighten and balance wheels using a static stand. It can also be very useful for other maintenance and cleaning reasons.
This type of stand does not just support the motorcycle to stand without aid, it also lifts the vehicle up so the required works can be carried out on the bike. This means that the bike can be at a better level to allow less restricted access below the motorcycle.
The triangle stand is great for motorcycles that are without a kickstand and need an additional sturdy element to help keep the motorcycle in place whilst working on it or keeping it stored.
Hydraulic stands are adjustable and come on a hydraulic jack which enables you to lift and lower your motorcycle whenever needed. This also means you can carry out any maintenance works on the motorcycle at any height.
The ultimate decision for which motorcycle paddock stand to purchase comes down to a couple of points. These are the following:
- What type of motorcycles you will be lifting the most with the stand.
- The reasons you want to keep the bike upright or off the floor (e.g. maintenance or cleaning).
- How often are you actually going to be using the stand.
- The budget you have for purchasing a stand. You will want the best value for money to ensure the stand does what you set out for it to do.