Motorcycle batteries are used to aid the vehicle it is connected to in many ways. These include starting the motorcycle up and powering different items on the vehicle such as cameras. It is one of the most important components of the vehicle. The motorcycle battery must be charged to enable the motorcycle to start up and be ridden.
Every motorcycle battery will eventually need replacing, but the lifespan of a battery can depend on the elements it has been exposed to or improper maintenance towards it. Below are 5 of the top motorcycle batteries reviewed by us to help in understanding what you need to buy.
Best Motorcycle Battery 2020
|CB CHROMEBATTERY PWS-YTX5L-BS||48|
|Chrome Battery YT14B-BS||144|
|Chrome Battery YTX14-BS||144|
|Chrome Battery YTX12-BS||120|
|Chrome Battery YTX30L-BS||360|
YTX5L-BS High Performance Sealed AGM Motorcycle Battery
- Constructed using top-notch technology with the acid inside made with Absorbed Glass Mat technology which allows for a spill-proof battery and low-maintenance. Furthermore, a patented sealed post helps in the prevention of corrosion thereby extending the battery’s life.
- Excellent customer service delivery by the company’s friendly and professional staff who are actual battery experts. Also, the battery comes with an 18-month warranty which has a 60-day refund policy.
- Usually, the battery is rechargeable hence means that you do not need to go through the costly expense of replacing it whenever it is depleted of charge. All you need to do is recharge it inexpensively as many as 1,000 times without needing replacement.
- These batteries are factory activated meaning that they come already filled, sealed and charged hence can immediately start being used. Moreover, between the absorbed glass mat design are spaces between the cells which are substituted by a glass fiber mat which is sealed through ultrasonic metal soldering.
- Use of welding technology guarantees the battery case has a robust resistance to vibration, shock, and heat, therefore ensuring the battery case will not only last longer but also perform efficiently.
- All the batteries are ISO Quality and Environment, UL certified as well as OHSAS health certified. Additionally, the company has an autonomous fortune 500 firms responsible for running tests on the batteries often to guarantee that you get a dependable and safe product.
- The application of this battery can be perfect to a broad spectrum of machines. This ranges from jet skis, motorcycles and many more.
- These batteries come fully charged and upon delivery, are ready for use. Therefore, all that is left is connecting your battery to the intended application, and you are prepared to go.
- After the one-time installation of the maintenance free and valve-controlled batteries, you can now get your batteries powered up to the last volt thus proving the user-friendly nature of these batteries.
- Has an ISO Quality and Environment certification. Being UL Certified and OHSAS health certified considerably increases confidence when using these batteries.
- Being rechargeable ensures you incur a much lower maintenance cost of owning these batteries. This is particularly as you can charge up these batteries more than 1,000 times before it requires replacement.
YT14B-BS High Performance Sealed AGM Motorcycle Battery
- Has an AGM Design and Sealed Lead Acid which helps in the prevention of corrosion and leaks.
- Usually, this chrome battery YT14B-BS has a 12V 12AH, 144 Watts as well as 145 CCA.
- Present in these batteries is high cell compression and fiberglass mat separator. This allows for longer battery life even if exposed to the most extreme environments.
- Typically, all the batteries are OHSAS health certified, UL certified as well as ISO Quality & Environment. Furthermore, through the company’s independent fortune 500 firms, tests are frequently carried out on all the batteries. This is to ensure you can wholly dependable and harmless.
- The batteries are factory activated, meaning that they come already filled, sealed and charged. This means they can immediately commence use. Also, the spaces between the cells of the absorbed glass mat are swapped for a glass fiber mat, and the plates later sealed through ultrasonic metal fusing.
- All the batteries have heavy duty terminals made from the finest materials. This means they can endure pressure, wear and torquing, with these terminals being made from copper. Copper is preferred explicitly for this battery since it improves its performance as well as its electrical conductivity.
- Usually, the cost of ownership of these batteries is low due to the rechargeable nature of these batteries. It is because these batteries can inexpensively be charged for as many as 1,000 times before needing to be replaced.
- Having high cell compression and fiberglass mat separators promote these batteries to have a much longer battery life which can handle even the most extreme conditions.
- Being UL Certified, OHSAS health certified as well as ISO Quality & Environment assures you batteries that are reliable and safe, hence can handle a wide range of conditions they get exposed to during use.
- The use of these batteries is user-friendly since, after the one-time installation of the maintenance free and valve regulated batteries, you get powered up to the last volt.
- These batteries use welding technology to confirm the battery cases have a strong resistance to heat, shock, and vibration. Additionally, this does not only guarantee you a longer battery life but also increased performance.
- Comes with an excellent 18-month warranty, which assures you a 60-day money back guarantee in case the battery fails to meet your needs.
Chrome Battery YTX14-BS iGel High Performance Rechargeable Sealed AGM Motorcycle Battery
- Uses smart technology with a LED digital display screen offering you a display to read the battery alternator as well as warning you in case of low voltage.
- This Chrome battery comes with a Battery type YTX14-BS AGM battery that is rechargeable through its positive and negative terminal, and Powersports battery. 200 CCA H: 5.94 in L: 5.78 in W; 3.46.
- The battery is injected with a gel electrolyte consequently creating a maintenance-free operation.
- Exceptional customer service from the real battery specialists as well a guaranteed 18-month warranty. Furthermore, in case of battery failure, 60-day refund policy is assured.
- Welding technology is used to ensure the battery case has a robust resistance to heat, vibration, and shock. Additionally, the materials used in the batteries do guarantee you not only extended battery life but also improved performance.
- Generally, these batteries are maintenance free since they come already charged and sealed. Subsequently, no water is present to check or fill if necessary. Moreover, in combination with the sealed construction and valve regulation, safe operation in any position is tolerable.
- Being ISO Quality & Environment, UL Certified as well as OHSAS health certified, these batteries can offer you safety and dependability while using them, not causing you any inconvenience which would cause you physical harm or financial loss.
- After the one-time installation of these valve-controlled and maintenance free batteries, you will get enough power to last you to the final volt adequately.
- These batteries are rechargeable thus means you get to incur a much lower ownership cost since you can inexpensively recharge the batteries for more than 1,000 times before necessitating replacement.
- Offers vibration resistance due to the fiberglass mat separators and high cell compressions, which also assists in extending the battery life even when exposed to extreme surroundings.
- The terminals being made from copper ensures they can endure pressure, wear, and torqueing. Furthermore, copper allows for better electrical conductivity as well as enhanced performance of the battery.
- After leaving the factory, these batteries come already filled, sealed and charged hence can immediately commence use.
- These batteries are durable since the battery case is made to be resistant to shock, heat, and vibrations. Moreover, it also guarantees you a longer battery life as well as better performance.
YTX12-BS High Performance Sealed iGel Motorcycle Battery
- Usually, these batteries have an injection of gel electrolytes consequently creating an entirely maintenance-free operation.
- By using smart technology, the LED Digital display screen offers you with a display which warns you in case the battery is in low voltage as well as displaying the battery alternator voltage.
- The heavy-duty terminals are made from copper can withstand torque, pressure and wear. Likewise, being made from copper enhances electrical conductivity as well as better performance.
- Usually, the batteries are charged, filled and sealed thus ready to commence use immediately. Glass fiber mat replace the absorbed glass mat design which has spaces between the cells, with these plates then closed through ultrasonic metal fusing.
- This maintenance free battery come sealed and charged; hence it is not necessary to check water or filling. In combination with a sealed construction and valve regulated, it permits for safe operation in all positions.
- This Chrome battery application is easy since, upon purchase, they come fully charged and ready for use once delivered. All you must do is connect your battery to the application, and all is set.
- The company offers you customer service from actual battery specialists. Additionally, the battery comes with an 18-month warranty guarantee as well as a 60-day refund policy in case you get delivered a faulty battery.
- A one-time installation of these the valve-regulated and maintenance free batteries which will power you to the last volt.
- Having a UL Certification, OHSAS health certification, as well as ISO Quality & Environment, guarantees you get a dependable and safe product which can cope with all adverse conditions it gets exposed to over its lifetime.
- Being rechargeable, the total ownership cost of this battery is incredibly minimized since you can economically charge it as many times as you desire before the need of replacement.
- The battery cases have a robust resistance to heat, vibration, and shock due to use of innovative welding technology. Also, materials used in the manufacture of the battery ensures you get exceptional performance as well as lengthy battery life.
YTX30L-BS 30L-BS High Performance Sealed AGM Motorcycle Battery
- Inside the battery is top technology with the acid inside being made with Absorbed Glass Mat technology hence allowing for a spill-proof battery as well as low-maintenance. Additionally, the presence of a patented closed post helps in corrosion prevention thus extending the battery life.
- The battery comes with 360 Watts, 12V 30AH, a dimension of 6.54 x 4.96 x 6.89 inches as well as a positive and negative terminal that is rechargeable.
- Both terminals are made from copper hence can endure pressure, wear and torquing. Moreover, copper is specifically chosen for this specific battery to improve performance as well as better electrical conductivity.
- Upon purchase, the batteries come charged, filled and sealed ready to start using instantly. Furthermore, in place of the absorbed glass mat design with airspaces in-between is a glass fiber mat. Sealing of these plates is then done by ultrasonic metal welding.
- Vibration resistance in these batteries has high cell compression and fiberglass mat separators which subsequently increases the battery’s lifespan as well as handling even the most adverse conditions.
- Usually, the welding technology used by chrome ensures the battery case is resistant to shock, heat, and vibration. Also, the materials used in the batteries ensures a longer lifespan as well as an enhanced performance.
- The YTX30L-BS battery is perfectly compatible with a wide range of equipment, be it ATVs, motorcycles, jet skis as well as many other electrical gadgets.
- Has an easy application with all left after the purchase of the battery being connecting your battery to the application and it is ready for use. Hence, you can use this battery even if you are not as proficient with technology.
- The company offers you excellent customer service, with actual battery experts always available to lend a helping hand. Likewise, the battery comes with an 18-month warranty as well as a 60-day refund policy.
- Since the battery is rechargeable, you get to incur a much lower total ownership cost since you can numerously charge the battery economically up to 2,000 times without necessitating replacement.
- With a one-time installation, these valve-regulated and maintenance free batteries will provide you with adequate power to the last volt.
- Having an ISO Quality & Environment, UL certified, and OHSAS health certified which has undergone many tests from an independent fortune 500 firm guarantees you get a reliable and safe product.
Buyers Guide to the Right Motorcycle Battery
Below is a beginners guide to buying a motorcycle battery and what to look for to make sure that you purchase the correct battery for your motorcycle. Purchasing a motorcycle battery can be daunting due to needing to know the requirements so we have put together the main points to look out for when looking to replace it.
The weight of the Motorcycle Battery
Depending on the intended use of the battery, weight is an essential factor to consider especially if you are using the motorcycle in racing, a reason why lead-acid batteries are gaining much popularity. However, they tend to be a little bit expensive in comparison to lithium batteries.
Ease of Installation
Installing LFP battery is easy, and there is no significant alteration necessitating to be done. It is a case of just taking out the older battery and installing the new one, all that is left is proper wiring. On the other hand, lead-acid batteries tend to have a much more complex installation process.
Contrary to lead-acid batteries, LFP batteries are a great option to choose. This is mainly so if you live in an area with cold winters. Furthermore, starting an LFP battery offers you more power as well as slightly higher voltage too. This consequently providing you with more ability to power the motorcycle.
Battery Shelf Life
While a battery’s shelf life should not be the primary reason you buy a battery, it is an important consideration to have in mind. Therefore, if you are looking for a cell with a longer shelf life, a lithium battery is an excellent option to go for, unlike lead-acid batteries.
Additionally, lithium batteries do not degrade or sulfate as fast like lead-acid batteries, which is why lead-acid batteries needed to be powered up many times and started before completely going kaput.
Lithium batteries are considerably more expensive compared to lead-acid batteries. It is usually the case because the weigh less which is an essential requirement. This is especially the case if you are using your motorcycle for sports purposes. Furthermore, lithium batteries have more power for your day to day activities. This may be vital if you live in a region with extreme weather conditions since its shelf life is higher than lead-acid batteries.
Making sure that you have the correct battery for what you need is vital. It ensures that the correct power is being distributed throughout your motorcycle. The batteries reviewed above are able to suit various brands and models of motorcycles which makes deciding a little easier.
The buying guide helps you ensure you get the correct motorcycle battery requirements for your motorcycle. This is so that there are many more miles of uninterrupted riding!