Lego is a great brand and is enjoyed by everyone at all ages. You will always have one Lego item that comes to mind as they make so many different items! The Lego motorcycle set is a section that has had different models brought out over the years. It seems to be an emerging part of Lego’s automotive section.
When you have your own motorcycle, you can buy lots of technology like cameras and bluetooth helmets for it but it is always nice to have a model version of the same thing! Even if you do not have the same model as what Lego bring out, you feel an attachment to it due to being a rider.
There are many Lego motorcycle sets available to buy within the market which is why we have written this article to ensure you are knowledgeable when purchasing your motorcycle set. Ensure to read the below so that you are happy with your purchase.
The best Lego motorcycle set is the Lego Technic BMW R1200 GS Adventure. We thought this because Lego partnered with BMW to create a model of the bike that looks pretty similar and gives you hours of fun putting it together.
Even though we believe the Lego Technic BMW R1200 GS Adventure may be the best motorcycle set, we have highlighted the rest of the best of Lego motorcycle sets for you to choose what is the best for you. Any of the below will meet your model motorcycling building needs.
|Product||Number of Pieces Within Set|
|BMW R1200 GS (42063)||603|
|Street Motorcycle (42036)||375|
|Street Bike (8420)||506|
|Moto Cross Bike (42007)||253|
|Highway Cruiser (31018)||129|
BMW R1200 GS Adventure 42063 Lego Motorcycle Set
The BMW R1200 GS Lego motorcycle set is a partnership between Lego and BMW to produce of their most popular models of motorcycle. It comes in their famous black and blue color scheme. Which all terrain tires, windshield and detailed dashboard and exhaust.
Features of the BMW R1200 GS are as follows:
- The model has 603 pieces.
- 2 in 1 model: The bike changes into a concept model which was created in collaboration with BMW Motorrad.
- 7 inches in height, 13 inches long and 3 inches wide.
- Handlebar steering, suspension, two cylinder boxer motor.
Harley Davidson Fat Boy 10269 Lego Motorcycle Set
The Harley Davidson Fat Boy is a cruiser’s dream. You can have a miniature model of your motorcycle in your house. This model has incredible detailing and engineering which will be appreciated by any motorcycle fan, especially if you love Harley Davidsons.
Features of the Harley Davidson Fat are as follows:
- The model has 1023 pieces.
- Designed with a Milwaukee-Eight engine which has moving pistons, handlebar steering, movable gear shift pedal and brake levers.
- 7 inches in height, 12 inches long and 7 inches wide.
- Sturdy kickstand for viewing the model.
Technic Street Motorcycle 42036 Lego Motorcycle Set
The Technic street motorcycle is a great model to own as it incorporates design from 2 different motorcycles. It has a catchy blue and red livery which anyone will take a fancy too when noticed.
Features of the Technic Street Motorcycle are as follows:
- The model has 375 pieces.
- Includes full fairing, front and rear suspension, chain drive, working steering, detailed engine with moving pistons and sporty wheels.
- 2 in 1 model: Rebuilds into a retro street bike.
- 6 inches in height, 12 inches long and 3 inches wide.
Technic Street Bike 8420 Lego Motorcycle Set
The Technic Street Bike is another ‘racer’ type of motorcycle that you will love. The motorcycle set comes in a racing red color which catches your eye. Recommended age is 9 to 15 years old.
Features of the Technic Street Bike 8420 is as follows:
- The model has 506 pieces.
- Chain driven V4 engine, adjustable rear suspension and handlebar steering.
- 2 in 1 model: Sleek street bike or custom chopper.
Technic Motorbike 8051 Lego Motorcycle Set
The Lego Technic motorbike is another street racer which takes it’s design from multiple motorcycle brands. The model looks modern and is a great addition to your collection to store on the mantlepiece.
Features of the Lego Motorbike are as follows:
- The Model has 467 pieces.
- Motorbike has front and rear suspension, working kick stand, drive chain, moving gears and front wheel steering.
- Spring loaded suspension for smooth landings and soaring jumps.
- Over 11 inches long.
Technic Moto Cross Bike 42007 Lego Motorcycle Set
This moto cross bike is a great addition to your collection of model motorcycles. This particular model showcase a great orange paintwork and looks exactly like the real moto cross bike does! This model is suitable for ages 9-16.
Features of the Lego Technic Moto Cross bike are as follows:
- The Model has 253 pieces.
- 2 in 1 model: The bike rebuilds into a speedway motorcycle with front and rear suspension.
- Features chain drive, working pistons, knobby tires and full suspension.
- Moto cross bike measures at 6 inches in height, 12 inches long and 4 inches wide.
- Speedway bike measures at 5 inches in height, 11 inches long and 4 inches wide.
Creator Highway Cruiser 31018 Lego Motorcycle Set
The Lego Creator Highway Cruiser is a great little model which changes into 3 different models. This is great if you like to switch up models frequently. The model is designed for 7-12 ages.
Features of the Highway Cruiser are as follows:
- The Model has 129 pieces.
- 3 in 1 model: Rebuilds into a classic motorcycle or a dirt bike.
- Features realistic engine and angled muffler, twin exhaust pipes, sharply raked front forks.
- The motorcycles measure on average 3 inches in height, 6 inches long and 1 inch wide.
Lego Motorcycle Set Buying Guide
The below information is to ensure you are considering all options before purchasing your Lego motorcycle set. Certain Lego sets can cost a lot more than others and the amount of pieces that each set contains varies greatly.
Amount of Pieces
The amount of pieces contained within a Lego motorcycle set can vary greatly. This could either put you off building a motorcycle which has a lot more than you expected or could even excite you even more as it will give hours more fun.
The cost of Lego motorcycle sets can differ from tens of pounds to hundreds of pounds. This ultimately can be the decision on what models of Lego you purchase.
The decision of which Lego motorcycle set will always come down to what you prefer personally. Do you prefer sports bikes or tourers. You should always consider the following:
- How long do you think the model will take to build.
- The budget you have for purchasing the Lego motorcycle set. You want the best value for the money you are willing to part with.